Thursday, October 8, 2009

"...severe problems with concentration, became very antisocial, had hallucinations and could not sleep well"

My 17 year old daughter was taking 10mgs and then 20mgs paxil for 2 months and had severe problems with concentration, became very antisocial, had hallucinations and could not sleep well. I took her off of the drug cold turkey and she got so depressed she became suicidal, I put her back on at 10mgs for 2 days then 5 then 2&one half every other day and then every three days and then off. She seems to be fine now and cannot believe the nightmare we went through she remembers the withdrawal more than the the months on the medication. It was like a DR. Jeklyl -Mr. Hyde show. Paxil is not for everyone-it can be a dangerous drug to the wrong people. I wonder if people that react so badly to it are allergic to the drug as I have a psychotic allergic reaction to the drug codiene.

-- submitted by Sue, 47

No comments:

Post a Comment