Friday, October 9, 2009

"I've tried twice to get off of paxil"

I've tried twice to get off of paxil. The first time with the weaning process under a doctor's care. It didn't work and only after three weeks I was back on my full dose of 40mg. I then decide to stop completely, which was a bad choice. I went a total of five days and had to have my husband go to the drugstore and have it refilled. I seemed to be ok for the first two days, and then my husband and son would notice that I was talking a lot to myself, which I'm not in the happen of doing a lot of, especially if someone is around, and when they would bring it up to me, I didn't remember this. I just thought I was "thinking" to myself. Then there was the chest pains, the arm pains and the worst ever dizzy spells I have ever had! I was sick at my stomach, lost my appetite, I had chills one minute and the next I was burning up. I did take my temperature once during the period of have this hot flash and it was 96.1 I'm back on my 40mg. per day. I don't like the drug, feel even more depressed on it, and someday I will sleep 19 or more hours! And did wake up tired and sluggish. I was totally unsuccessful my two times getting off of this drug.

-- submitted by Crrickkett, 37

No comments:

Post a Comment