Thursday, October 8, 2009

"I am taking 15-30mg. of paxil per day for severe depression and OCD."

I am taking 15-30mg. of paxil per day for severe depression and OCD. Mentally, I feel great. Physically, I'm in good health, but have gained 30 pounds while taking paxil. My docotr explained that I could get off paxil after taking it from 6months to a year. Well, last month was 6 months and I felt great-so I tried to get off it. My docotr explained that some people need to be weined off and others can just quit taking it. I tried to just stop taking it. This was a bad idea. I felt those same electrical pulses you described. It was too weird. I also started crying a lot-not sure if this was from PMS, the depression returning, or from withdrawal. I have read that withdrawal from paxil can cause "alcohol withdrawal" like symptoms. For two weeks, I endured these electrical pulses, night sweats, and extreme nightmares. I didn't want to take it anymore, but my husband begged me to get back on it and try weining myself off. A few weeks ago, I started taking 15mg a day again. Now, I feel fine. I still want to get off this stuff. I'm interested to know how to get off it?

-- submitted by Amanda, 27

No comments:

Post a Comment