Thursday, October 8, 2009

"I have been taking Paxil for two and one half months now for situational depression"

I have been taking Paxil for two and one half months now for situational depression. I recently missed 4 doses due to illness. Since then,I have been experiencing dizziness to the point of not being able to drive or play with my children.

I made an appointment with my Doctor, who prescribed yet another drug to take care of the dizziness. Meclizine is a generic antivertigo drug and the pharmacist explained to me that it should help take the edge off, but if I plan to continue not taking the Paxil, I can look forward to 3 - 9 days of this.

He suggested that I go cold turkey with the Paxil and get it over with. He said that people who taper off the drug still get the side effects, they just last longer.

I am going to try to keep going. I am on day 4 and counting.

-- submitted by berzins, 31

No comments:

Post a Comment