Thursday, October 8, 2009

"I have been having panic attacks since I was 14 or 15."

I have been having panic attacks since I was 14 or 15. Finally, I went to a doctor a year ago and he diagnosed me with social phobia/generalized anxiety disorder. I waited a year to see another doctor. That was Thursday. It's Saturday now. I was prescribed paxil, without knowing anything about it, except the doctor said "it can be weird at first, but stick with it". I am very grateful for this website, because, after only taking it for 2 days, I am not going to take it again, I don't think. I hate it. I feel very weird. I was usually awkward around people, but know I am paranoid. I feel like I am floating. I feel either apathetic or emotional. I can't even listen to music I usually like. I woke up the first morning and looked in the mirror. My pupils were huge and I felt like I was looking at someone else. My jaw started shaking and chattering. This is unlike me. I am only awkward in social situations. I was in my own bathroom and felt very, very strange. I started crying, thinking "this is not me..." Do NOT listen to people who try and say that your withdrawal is because you are "so depressed". Get real, it is no coincidence that so many people experience weird feelings, immediately after they quit. That is weird and messed up. I think all of these new "cures" for depression and anxiety and all, are weird as hell. I have also noticed that doctors do not take people with mental ilness very seriously. For example, one of my first concerns was "Don't even mention Prozac, because I know a girl who took it and and it made her really weird. She was bipolar and she said she felt better when she forgot to take it." The doctor laughed and said "Ha, well, most bipolar people do feel better when they don't take their medicine". He kind of chuckled again. I was thinking, this is my friend, that was rude. Do not let some doctor tell you why you feel the way you do. They might have more insight than you do into the brain, but you know how you feel. They don't. Anyway, thanks a lot for the information. I was looking earlier, and all I saw was : "May cause drowsiness, constipation, decreased sex drive". I wanted to hear something real. They forget to mention that the drug makes you feel insane. Another good example of the weirdness - I am a cashier, and last night when i was working, I became totally paranoid. I thought everyone was laughing at me, and that they knew I was on Paxil. Weird, huh? Oh, finally, I find it impossible to study like this (the major reason I'm not taking it anymore).

-- submitted by page, 20

No comments:

Post a Comment