Thursday, October 8, 2009

"I was put on Paxil for a panic disorder"

I was put on Paxil for a panic disorder and I have to say it did work well for that. While on Paxil I put on 50 pounds and was tired all of the time. After being on it for 15 months I started to have flu like symptoms, severe joint pain, night sweats and zaps. My doctor ran numerous tests to find out the source and never came up with anything. I started looking on the internet and that was were I found out that it was probably this medication giving me all these problems. My doctor started weaning me off of Paxil last Sept. and was finally off completely in the middle of November. Even though I was down to only 5 mg. at that time the withdrawals were horrible. The first two weeks were the worse with all of the above symptoms I mentioned only magnified much worse and also severe depression which I had never experienced. It has now been about 12 weeks being off of Paxil and it is much better but I am still suffering from some joint pain but nothing like what it was. I have only taken off 10 pounds so far and I am still tired a lot.

-- submitted by Linda, 51

No comments:

Post a Comment