Friday, October 9, 2009

"Paxil was very beneficial in getting me through a rough patch"

I have been on paxil for over 2 years. At one point I self-upped my dose to 60mgs/day. Paxil was very beneficial in getting me through a rough patch but I don't need it anymore and am trying to wean off. I self weaned down to 30 successfully, but when I went down to 20 I started having mood swings, headache, flu/cold symptoms. I am an attorney and can't afford to not be sharp. I will probably go up to 25 and take it more slowly from here. It sucks that it could take another year before I am free of it.

I wonder if anyone has successfully used st. john's wort to help them wean. What about prozac? I had a friend get off paxil onto prozac with no problems. Is it possible to go to prozac and then get off prozac which doesn't have such terrible withdrawal?

-- submitted by John, 27

No comments:

Post a Comment