Thursday, October 8, 2009

"I tried to describe to my doctor the electrical zaps I have been feeling."

Wow. About a month ago, I began decreasing my Paxil does of 20mgs. daily. I've been on Paxil for about 2 years and before that I was taking 150 mgs. of Imipramine (Tofranil). Most recently, I tried to describe to my doctor the electrical zaps I have been feeling. She attributed it to pre-menopause stuff. Mainly because I told her that my menstrual cycle, which is normally like clockwork, has been highly irregular. I got my period THREE times in January. I am now thinking that this is one of the withdrawal symptoms of Paxil. I also suddenly have terrible water retention. After reading the other posts, I am convinced that the electrical "surges" as I call them are a direct result of me weaning off Paxil. I hate this. Will I have to spend the rest of my life feeling these "surges?" A couple years ago, there was an article in the Pacific Sun, a Marin County California publication about the lifelong side effects of antidepressants. I will have to dig that out and read it again. Otherwise, I think the Paxil did me some good. However, I feel happy and content enough with myself to try life without it.

-- submitted by Ede, 45

No comments:

Post a Comment