Thursday, October 8, 2009

"I began taking paxil for anxiety and since have encountered a new host of difficulties"

I began taking paxil for anxiety and since have encountered a new host of difficulties: I am so dizzy as I am writing this that I will make it as brief as possible. I experienced extreme tiredness for months, on paxil, I feel that my whole system has gone into slow motion and I have gained almost thirty pounds, has anyone else experienced this? I am now seeing a homeopathic medical doctor and have been easing off the drug, I am now going through the withdrawals I am beginning to hear others are experiencing such as; extreme dizziness, headaches, more tiredness, feelings of anxiety, disorientation or blurriness and I relate to what one man referred to as brain shocks. I also feel that my heart is beating funny even though my pulse doesn't seem to reflect this. I also feel like I am out of breath some times. My moods have been WILD as well. I am interested to know if anyone feels that this drug has slowed their metabolism down, this was supposed to be an anti-depressant, but gaining weight has not helped my self image very much. I am angry to discover how many others are going through the same things, no doctor ever warned me about all of this!!! Did this drug help me at ALL?

-- submitted by oldjed, 25

No comments:

Post a Comment