Thursday, October 8, 2009

"I have gotten extremely dizzy, lightheaded and have bad headaches and pains in my neck and shoulders."

My doctor prescribed Paxil at the time my husband had terminal brain cancer. I DID NOT request medication and did not feel I was depressed..sad, yes, but NOT depressed. This was about five years ago and I have tried unsuccessfully more than once to withdraw from the Paxil. Every time, I have gotten extremely dizzy, lightheaded and have bad headaches and pains in my neck and shoulders. Each time, I have reduced the dosage slowly but still have the systems and each time, I have resumed the medication of 10mg rather than continue withdrawal. Last week, I discussed this with my doctor when I went for my annual physical and he seemed totally disinterested. He said I "need" to take it and it is doing me no harm. (How the heck does anyone know what long-term effects it will have!) I am now happily remarried and as far as I can tell, have no adverse reaction to Paxil such as sleeplessness, sexual dysfunction, etc. The positive effect is that I do feel more organized and not quite so "hyper."

-- submitted jchimsef, 54

No comments:

Post a Comment