Thursday, October 8, 2009

"I was diagnosed with clinical depression three years ago"

I hope that all of you that have written in are feeling better. I was diagnosed with clinical depression three years ago. My doctor at the time perscribed Paxil. I was on the drug for two and a half years at 20mg and experienced all the usual side effects, weight gain(20 lbs) and a general feeling of laziness being the most prominent. My mood greatly improved and I was finally able to function as a normal human being. When it came time to go off Paxil, my doctor instructed me to drop down to 10mg for a week and then down to 5mg for another week. After being on 5mg for a week, I would take one on Monday and then skip Tuesday and then take one on Wednesday and so forth for a couple of weeks. This method of weining seemed to work. Though I did experience some side effects(Brain Buzzing and sleep disorders) all of which were gone after a week or so after completely going off Paxil. In short, I feel that Paxil did indeed change my life for the better. There is a light at the end of all tunnels.

-- submitted by Dan, 25

No comments:

Post a Comment