Friday, October 9, 2009

"I feel that Paxil saved my life"

Before anything I want to say that I feel that Paxil saved my life. It transformed my life- and got me out of a severe depression which I suffered for three years which one year of therapy alone was not able to cure.

However, now that five years later after taking 10 mg a day (initially I took 60 mg daily) I am having some withdrawal symptoms from trying to stop too quickly. My doctor says that I can successfully withdraw if I do it slowly enough. I realize there are some side effects, but I also experienced side effects for two weeks when I began, which eventually went away. SO I want to say while there are clearly side effects which are negative, I think this has been a very useful and positive medication, which helped me to return to my highest functioning, while I took it.

-- submitted by John, 31

No comments:

Post a Comment