Thursday, October 8, 2009

"I was having a very difficult time sleeping, and didn't have any energy. I was extremely lazy.."

Been taking paxil for 3.5 yrs. Last week i decided that paxil wasn't doing anything for me, that i didn't need to take it. I was having a very difficult time sleeping, and didn't have any energy. I was extremely lazy.. So on Thursday, i stopped taking paxil cold turkey. I was feeling fine over the weekend, i still couldn't sleep, but on sunday night i was feeling "crabby", monday i had a horrible day at work, felt very moody. Tuesday was the worst day of my life. My hands and fingers felt numb, my legs felt odd. My mind was cloudy. like i was in a haze. hard to explain how i felt, and how i am still feeling. I became very emotional. started crying a couple of times. which is not a characteristic of mine. so i can to the internet and i was honestly surprised at the other responses i read.. It seems like a lot of people describe the same feelings toward paxil.. why is that?? because its a sham?? it made me feel better to know that others were feeling the same way i was, that i wasn't alone. I went to a psychologist yesterday, explained the way i was feeling, and his response was: Thats the depression kicking in without paxil... That made me mad, because of all the people that are talking about its ineffectiveness. I know i am fine, i just need that drug out of my body. I feel paxil was making me sleeplessness, i believe it was zapping my energy, making me lazy.. Whatever it is, i can control it myself, as soon as i rid myself of Paxil. thank you.

-- submitted by Tristan, 27

No comments:

Post a Comment