Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"Paxil caused me to gain weight, and it causes me to not want to have sex with my husband"

I have been taking Paxil since I had my 2nd child in December of 1995. The recovery period from a C-section the 2nd time was tremendously different than the natural childbirth the 1st time. I also had a Colicky, cranky, never sleeping baby to deal with as well as a 18-month old. Since my 2nd baby had her days and nights reversed, she would not sleep at all during the night but would sleep from about 6:00a.m. until 11:00 a.m. This was her long sleep daily. I was spending all night awake and most of the day, so I quickly became very depressed. I was put on the Paxil for this and I saw results right away. However, this wonderful drug caused me to gain weight, and it causes me to not want to have sex with my husband. The weight gain isn't as much of a problem as the other. My husband could not deal with this at all. I tried going onto other meds but nothing works as well as the Paxil. When I am not on any medication I am extremely mean and evil. I want to throw things at my husband for almost nothing at all. He has to immediately get up when I ask him to do something or it puts me over the deep end. I would rather keep peace and harmony within my marriage and family so I keep taking the Paxil. If anyone has suggestions on the mood swings that I have when not on the Paxil I would love to hear them. The other meds that I have tried that do not work as well are Zoloft, Celexa, Wellbutrin, and Prozac.

No comments:

Post a Comment