Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"I started taking Paxil for postpartum depression"

I started taking Paxil in November 1999 for postpartum depression. I started feeling great right away and had no side effects. In January 2000 I tried to come off of it and had dizziness and nausea. My pharmacist told me to go back on it and to wean off of it. I went back on it (feeling better immediately) and decreased the doses as advised. It is February 28 and my last pill was last Wednesday. The dizziness and sick feeling is getting worse by the day. The dizziness has become so severe that I cant stop thinking about taking a pill to make it stop but I am determined to get away from it (I hope I win). My doctor and pharmacist assured me that this drug was not addictive and I would not have any trouble coming off of it. I trusted them both. This website is just what I needed. It feels good to know that this is real and not because of an underlying illness which is what I was told. I did not understand that if was not from withdrawal then why did taking a Paxil make the symptoms stop? I am wondering just how long the withdrawal symptoms last because I need to know what I am up against. I am desperate to get back to normal and enjoy my beautiful family without Paxil.

-- submitted by Jane, 32

No comments:

Post a Comment