Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"After my last child i started to suffer from severe postpartum depression"

I am a 23 year old mother of three. After my last child i started to suffer from severe postpartum depression. I went to the doctor to discuss this with him( he was a doctor that I hadn't seen before, but my doctor was in a real bad accident and wasn't able to work), he didn't know a thing about me but prescribed me paxil. I started taking it because I thought it would help. Boy was I wrong. After two weeks of taking Paxil I started to experience real bad side affects, I couldn't move of the cough because if I stood up i got so dizzy I would fall, I felt like i was on a whole lot of drugs. Anyways I was at home alone one night with my three little boys and I got this horrible feeling come over my whole body, I felt almost paralyzed, i couldn't think, i was scared that I was going to die , I couldn't even talk, I phoned my husband to tell him to come home because I couldn't watch the kids but all I could say is come home, come home. he asked what was wrong but that is all that would come out of my mouth. It was the starriest thing that has ever happened to me in all my life. But to make a long story short i weaned my self of of it starting the next day. Please make sure your doctor knows your history, and you really try other help like counciling first, if that doesn't work then talk to your doctor, maybe paxil could work for you. I am not a doctor so i won't tell you not to take it because everyone is different and it could work very well for you. every thing said here is only my opinion and my experiences, and I just wanted to share them with you.

-- submitted by Reign, 23

No comments:

Post a Comment