Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"I was so addicted to xanax which i was put on by my gp for anxiety disorder"

I've been on paxil for approximate 4months, I started on 20mgs.and was increased by therapist to 30mgs, this all came about in oct.99 I was so addicted to xanax which i was put on by my gp for anxiety disorder. I was on 2mgs of xanax a day. which is not that much but then i got used to it so I kept increasing my dose, I had got refills so often from my gp and other doctors that i would see. I crashed in oct. with an accidental overdose and placed in the psychiatric dept. I went through complete hell withdrawing from that crap, I had the shakes ,feeling of dizziness and sweating my head felt like i wasn't there it was so much hell i couldn't sleep and didn't have any support from my husband. It was so bad and i wasn't getting any better after about 3weeks in hospital and i had lots of therapist observing me,so i was proof that being taken of medication cold turkey was not successful. On the third week they put me on paxil to get me straightened out again. And within 2 days I was feeling totally normal, that should of been my q that this was another addictive med. but my therapist said it wasn't. After reading the other addictive paxil stories this scares me to tears and my heart goes out to you. I'm only 32 years old i don't want to be dependent on med. But I'm scared to go off this medication for fear of that terrible withdrawal. If there is anyone out there that this little note reaches I hope you will really educate yourself on the medication before you too will get addicted without knowing it. I'm a married 32 year old mother of 2 boys, and definitely not a drug addict. I thought. What I wouldn't do to be "normal" without medication.

-- submitted by Jim, 32

No comments:

Post a Comment