Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"my only symptom being having trouble getting a deep breath"

Three days ago I was prescribed Paxil for anxiety...my only symptom being having trouble getting a deep breath. I was told to take 20mg in the evening with dinner. When I woke up the first morning I could not talk and breathe at the same time. I had been told it would take 2 weeks for the medication to take effect so I never even considered that Paxil was the cause. After about an hour I was fine. The second day I woke up feeling in a fog without the normal feeling in my right arm. As I sat on my bed my husband asked me if I was all right. I said not really. I quickly realized I could not talk and breathe at the same time again. Also, my hands were sweating. Next I had an attack of diarrhea. As I went downstairs afterward, I was literally shaking all over. This lasted for about an hour. I decided to go on-line to see what I could find out about this drug. Thank goodness for your stories. You saved me from what could have been a terrible mistake. I also do not like to take medication, preferring herbal remedies when possible. I am grateful to be able to learn the easy way - from all of you - that this is not the drug for me. THANK YOU

-- submitted by kmjmchugh, 39

No comments:

Post a Comment