Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"I have overcome the physical sickness of the withdrawals, I am dealing with the mental side of it now"

Well, I have been off Paxil going on 2 weeks now. That first week I felt like I was going to die. But GLORY TO GOD I feel normal again and I can't tell you how great that is! I'm not sleeping my days away. I actually look better.( not like a zombie ) I feel like I am dropping weight and that is awesome!!! I really feel for people on Paxil and are trying to come off. I was on for 2 years and once I made the decision to come off, I was fine until the withdrawals kicked in. It was a very sickening experience but I think I have made it through the worst. I have heard that it takes only a short period of time to leave your system but a very long time for it to rid itself from your body totally. Even though I have overcome the physical sickness of the withdrawals, I am dealing with the mental side of it now. I had a crying spell yesterday that lasted 30 minutes. I don't even know why I was crying but it felt good afterwards. I would like to tell all the people who are trying to come off to not give up. Middle way of your withdrawals, don't give in to Paxil. I thought about it, believe me but I felt as though I had come too far to go back. Just be strong and head strong that you are going to win this battle. I owe all my success to the LORD. Without him, I don't think I would have been physically or mentally strong enough to come off this medication. I still have a ways to go but I know I have got it whipped now. I will continue to keep you updated.

-- submitted by Ola, 31

No comments:

Post a Comment