Thursday, October 9, 2008

"symptoms I had prior to taking this medication seem like a minor annoyance compared to what is happening to me now"

I am a 42 year old female diagnosed with severe depressive disorder accompanied by manic episode. I have been on paxil about 2 years over the course of the 2 years my dosage has had to be increased several times until the most recent increase to 40 mg ...this is the point where I decided I no longer wish to live on this drug... under the guidance of my doctor - who I must tell you said "the withdrawal is bad from paxil" would have been nice if that was told to me in the beginning or if the information was provided with those handy little inserts that accompany your prescription....anyway I am on my 3rd day drug free and the symptoms are getting worse by the day....the symptoms I had prior to taking this medication seem like a minor annoyance compared to what is happening to me now...I am dizzy, I have the swimming feeling in my head, unprovoked rage, uncontrollable crying spells on and on ...unfortunately my appetite is fine and the food is tasting good and staying down(kidding) I am actually waiting for the nausea to set in because all the testimonials I have read include nausea...I will keep you posted on my progress....because I will be damned if I ever take another Paxil..or any other prescribed antidepressant ...

-- submitted by Pam, 42

No comments:

Post a Comment