Thursday, October 9, 2008

"I decided to get myself off the Paxil"

I had been on 20mg of paxil for almost 4 years. About 2-weeks ago I decided to get myself off the drug. Anyway, I dropped down to 10mg a day for 2-weeks and last Wednesday took my last pill. At first I thought I was losing my mind and falling back into depression, but after reading postings of others' experiences I am relieved that what I am going through is "normal". Overall, the drug was beneficial and helped me through a difficult period in my life. The withdrawal symptoms are rather brutal - nausea, brain-shocks, periods of intense sadness. However, I am determined to manage without it. I am on day 4 with no meds and am feeling a little better. At times I just want to go back on it. But, I do believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel and bravely I will face each day. Thanks to all the postings for shedding some light on getting off this drug. It has certainly alleviated some of my fears.

-- submitted by Lisa, 32

No comments:

Post a Comment