Thursday, October 9, 2008

"diagnosed me with this social anxiety disorder and gave me a large stack of paxil"

I started working in a retail business about 2 years ago and started eating more and smoking more after gaining about 40lbs I became concerned and went to my doctor with no physical exam and just asking a few questions he diagnosed me with this social anxiety disorder and gave me a large stack of paxil sample packs and gave me instructions on bringing my dosage up from 10 to 40 mgs. in just 12 days after being on 40mgs for about 4 days i had no energy any more just getting out of bed in the morn was a battle and my head became foggy and I had to stop and think about everything that always just were just every day life things I could not even drive. I decided this was not the drug for me and stopped taking it I guess I just assumed that if there were any problems with this that the doctor would have warned me about it or there would have been some sort of warning on the package. this is when my horror began 2 days after quitting came the loss of apatite sweating nausea and all the other things i have been reading about after missing two days of work I was fired from my job and a means to support my wife and son. after a week of sever withdrawals I went back to see my doctor and he told me that he had never heard of any adverse withdrawal effects its been three weeks since I have still bad effects nausea , vertigo cant drive if its not obvious writing and typing are a struggle I feel as though my brain has been fried the people who have had there lives ruined by this drug need to get together and sue smithkline beecham for doing this to us

-- submitted by robert arnson

No comments:

Post a Comment