Thursday, October 9, 2008

"I have now lived three years with social anxiety disorder and panic attacks."

First I have to say that I am not currently going through withdrawals and after reading this, I won't ever go through them because I won't start this terrible drug! About three years ago, I was given a three week sample of Paxil for what my "then" doctor prescribed as panic disorder. He told me that he would make sure that I got "my life back". I went to work that afternoon and started taking the drug. The very first day I felt worse than normal. I felt like I was floating and had tunnel vision. I also could not concentrate. I knew that this was not for me. I have now lived three years with social anxiety disorder and panic attacks. Going to the E.R. once with a panic attack. My job and family have suffered because of my "anti-social" behavior. But I am very blessed to have them constantly supporting me. Yesterday, I went to a new doctor, feeling like I just can't take this anymore. I am not depressed, but I want my life back. He gave me a three week sample of 10mg. a day of Paxil and told me to get back with him in two weeks. I thought maybe I was just being silly the last time, but before I took it, I wanted to see if there was anything on the Internet regarding Paxil. I am so thankful that I did! My heart goes out to each and every one of you. We are all fellow sufferers of anxiety or panic attacks, and it is really a crime what doctors are doing to us, or trying to do. I point blank asked my doctor if there would be any side effects and he answered "no". A good friend of mine suggested BuSpar for me, and I found nothing negative through the Internet regarding that drug. But I am so frightened now to take anything, that I guess I will continue fighting this anxiety battle on my own. I welcome anyone to write me with suggestions. I will pray for you all.

-- submitted by hrdfwsouth, 38

No comments:

Post a Comment