Thursday, October 9, 2008

"After two years I was weaned off the Prozac, but my Panic Attacks started again"

I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder 5 years ago. I was first treated with Prozac and Xanax. After two years I was weaned off the Prozac, but my Panic Attacks started again. I was then put on Paxil 40 mg per day. I felt wonderful on the Paxil and the Panic Attacks stopped. After a year I was weaned off the Paxil. With each decrease in dosage I suffered terrible withdrawal symptoms, from trembling, nausea, spacey feelings,anxiety etc. It has taken me three years to be at 10 mg and I have stopped there. I'm not ready to deal with the withdrawal again! I must say Paxil was very helpful with my disorder and without it I may have been a prisoner of my house. I have spoken to several doctors about this medication and none of them are aware of the withdrawal symptoms. Many times the symptoms of withdrawal are the same as the symptoms of our disorder so even the patient may be fooled. I'm trying my best to educate my doctors, but it is a slow process.

-- submitted by myers

No comments:

Post a Comment