Thursday, October 9, 2008

"I was experiencing anxiety due to some overwhelming situations in my life."

I began taking the 20 mg of Paxil approximately 15 months ago when I was experiencing anxiety due to some overwhelming situations in my life. I began trying to wean myself off the medication about nine months ago. I started taking 10 mg per day and then 10 mg every other day. Everytime I went more than three days without taking the medication, I began feeling sick at my stomach and somewhat disoriented. I would feel better if I took another 10 mg pill. I asked the doctor who told me that if it makes me feel better, it does not hurt to continue taking it. It has made me gain over 25 pounds and I do not want to take this drug for the rest of my life. I am now taking 10 mg every other day.

-- submitted by Dday, 35

No comments:

Post a Comment