Tuesday, October 10, 2006

"physician has prescribed this medication for me is to prevent my migraine attacks"

I have been on paxil for about a year now, and the primary reason why my physician has prescribed this medication for me is to prevent my migraine attacks. Oh, let me tell you I do not have as many deadly headaches as I used to have but now I am suffering from many side effects.

I first started @ 10mg and now I am taking 40mg which my doctor says that is usually the(kick in dosage). I have my own business I am forgetful, with a careless attitude, I shop at the mall every week and spend from $250 - $1,500 a week, I currently own 132 pairs of shoes, I have gained 30lbs,I eat alot, I am trying to diet, I do not eat beef nor pork, But I LOVE SWEETS>>>>>>.

I must say that Paxil has helped me with my headaches I am not suffering nearly as much as I used to.

The side effects I have experienced: I have night sweats, weight gain, short term memory loss, muscle spasms in my legs, no sexual desires, irritable at times, impulsive spending, easy to talk to people about any and every thing, always tired, can easily go asleep, do things that I normally would not do, ringing in my ear, hands swelling, breast size 36C to now 38 D, clothes from 8-10 now 12-14, .,

I am not a happy camper with all of the side effects I am having however, this mild depresion that I am going through as my doctor calls it, will get better in time and he says that I will probably be on this medication called Paxil for a very long time.

I am dammed if I do and dammed If I don't.

-- submitted by SG,

No comments:

Post a Comment